- Keynote Speeches & Demos;
- 5 Main Panels;
- New Venture Competition;
- Career Fair & Startup Demo;
- Networking Luncheon & Elite Dinner;
- Lab & Incubator Tour.
The CMU Summit Demo Day is a high-profile annual event that helps leading entrepreneurs and investors connect, communicate, and collaborate. In the past, our annual New Venture Competition has attracted more than 600 high-quality startups, and this year, we are selecting 10 out of 200 startup teams. In history, our judges consist of top-tier angel investors and venture capitalists. This year, we are introducing a new form of interaction that allows the startup teams to have an opportunity to connect with investors on stage and pair up with them for further collaborations and mentorship. CMU Summit Demo Day aims to:
- Bring together distinguished investors and entrepreneurs to meet and seek technological and financial collaboration
- Identify and nurture outstanding startup teams from fields such as artificial intelligence, robotics, biotechnology, medical devices & health, education & technology, virtual & augmented reality, arts & architecture, environment & sustainability, etc.
- Provide the competing teams with, in addition to cash awards of up to $15,000, one-on-one mentorship from eminent investors and seasoned entrepreneurs
Further details on this year’s Competition, please follow our WeChat of official account (cmu-summit) and stay tuned with our updates.
Establish network with investors and executives from top tier companies
Share insights with professionals and scientists from leading research centers at Carnegie Mellon
(e.g. The Robotics Institute, Software Engineering Institute, Entertainment Technology Center and the Gates Hillman Center, Human Computer Interaction Institute. )
Branding & Talent RecruitMent
- Enhance corporation radiation via panel discussion and job fair.
Improve in-depth relationship and seek further cooperation with universities
Recruit talented students and scholars from Carnegie Mellon and Greater Pittsburgh Area
- Visit local incubators and accelerators in Pittsburgh (e.g. AlphaLab and AlphaGear, ranked 6th in the United States).
- Invest in promising startups teams wining New Venture Competition