Complete the Registration Form here and summit before March 18th, 2018.
Submit the executive summary and supplementary materials (business plan, pitch deck, video links and etc) to our official email:
- Bring together distinguished investors and entrepreneurs to meet and seek technological and financial collaboration
- Identify and nurture outstanding startup teams from such fields as artificial intelligence, robotics, biotechnology, medical devices & health, education & technology, virtual & augmented reality, arts & architecture, environment & sustainability etc
- Provide the competing teams with, in addition to cash awards of up to $15,000, one-on-one mentorship from eminent investors and seasoned entrepreneurs
Eliminating the previous requirement that at least one member of the team must be currently enrolled in an educational institution, the Competition/ Demo this year will pose no limit on the status of the participants. Any team with ideas that have significant social or technological values is welcome to participate. We especially encourage teams with ideas applicable to the global landscape to apply.
All submissions must represent the original work of each contestant. Submitted Executive Summaries must be written by team members themselves; writings from any other individual or institution is strictly forbidden.
Submissions must not violate any contract obligation, intellectual property and/or other rights of a third party. Participating teams will take the full responsibility of resolving any legal issue in case of disputes.
We encourage teams to submit product prototypes (if applicable) and/or other relevant materials along with the Executive Summaries.
All submissions must be based on legitimate business purpose. Ventures that involve illegal activities or are hazardous to human health or the environment are strictly prohibited.
RULES FOR FINAL PRESENTATION
After the registration deadline, a committee of judges formed by Chinese and American angel investors and venture capitalists will review all start-up projects, and the top 10 projects who receive the highest scores will be the finalists and have the opportunity to present at the final Startup Demo during the Summit. For teams who cannot attend the Competition in person due to geographic barriers, we will provide service to facilitate virtual participation.
The judges will evaluate each executive summary based on the following criteria:
Importance of the problem solved by the project
Originality, creativity and feasibility of the proposed solution
Market size and competitive advantage
Business model and economic value
Team members’ contribution
- Contestants need to provide a 150 to 200-word description of their projects or prototypes.
- By submitting the descriptions, each team authorizes the CMU Summit to use their description and names of the team members for marketing, fundraising, or use for any other public relations purpose.
- Contestants may be asked to speak to the media upon request by the CMU Summit.
- Contestants must follow all guidelines of the Competition and adhere to decisions made by the Organizing Committee of the Competition. Contestants will be disqualified otherwise.
- The Organizing Committee of the Competition will reserve the rights to change the setting of the awards or the schedule for the Competition according to how matters stand.
AWARDS & BENEFITS
The startup demo will presents special awards provided by sponsors
All finalists will have one-on-one mentorship from top-tier investors and seek potential collaboration opportunities
Potential financial collaboration opportunities with top venture capital in US and China
The opportunity to connect with incubators and materialize innovative ideas in China CMU talents from the CMU-Summit Career Fair
Opportunity to connect and even qualify for the final round of our partnering venture competitions
The Organizing Committee of the Competition protects the confidentiality of all contestants’ business plans and products in the following ways:
Members of the Organizing Committee must not share confidential information of contestants and submitted material with unauthorized personnel.
The Organizing Committee requests that all judges must not share confidential information of contestants and submitted material with unauthorized personnel. However, the Organizing Committee is not responsible for actions or verbal statements by the judges.
To protect the rights of contestants, we strongly encourage all contestants to raise the awareness of intellectual property rights. In cases of intellectual property violations to third parties, the Organizing Committee reserves the rights to disqualify any team committing the violations. The Organizing Committee is not responsible for any of the legal redress and have the rights to disqualify any team in case of such violations.
Contestants are fully responsible for any legal redress of participating in the Competition including, but not limited to, violation of third party patents, copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights etc. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to disqualify contestants in cases of such violations and is not responsible for the legal redress.
The Organizing Committee reserves the rights to revise, update and make final explanation on the contents above.